7 tips to manage your time correctly← Back to blog
There is a book that everyone should read: "The Time Seller"*. This satirical book is about the business world, the current capitalist system, and mass marketing. It makes one reflect about time management in today's times and makes the reader think twice about it. Because is already known to be extremely valuable, and it is crucial to know how to manage it correctly. Prioritizing your hours, minutes, and seconds at home and at work is fundamental to be able to enjoy time for yourself, which is a thing that is currently on the decline in our times. In this post we will give you a few simple tips so that you can manage your time correctly, to be able to fully dedicate yourself to those times that really make you happy: time with family, friends, and time spent on your various hobbies. Because the best parts of life are those moments of free time when we are truly able to enjoy ourselves. It is the truth.
- For starters, if you do not know about Wudatime, we recommend that you take a look at it online. This application will help you to own your time and manage it more effectively. Log on, create an account, and discover the main features of the program, they are sure to impress you. With this tool, you will be able to know how long a project takes, you will also be able to organize your project into a list of tasks (by the way this is very useful* to be able to manage and distribute your time appropriately), you can also share it or export it to Excel to make sure that all of your work is structured. You will be able to organize your projects by client, task, resources, and time. Check out the latest way to manage projects and don't forget to at least take a look.
- Be generous with your time. Even though we talked about the value of time at the beginning of this post, do not skimp on your tasks in an effort to save time. Dedicate the necessary amount of time for all of your tasks and give yourself a few minutes or hours more to be able to finish different activities or just to take a breath.
- Taking breaks and resting is also important to be able to successfully manage your time correctly. Take a short break between tasks or between projects This is crucial, and it will help you not to overwhelm yourself. To be able to relax your mind between activities is extremely important for increasing productivity, which will alleviate the body and give you more energy when you start the next task.
- Say "no". Being the owner of your time also means knowing when to say "no" in those crucial moments. In an age where competition is fierce and the demand of businesses looms over us like a storm on the horizon, you must also know when enough is enough. No one will value you less at your job for saying no (when it is absolutely necessary).
- Delegate. If you are one of the people that is in charge of a team learn to delegate in an effective way. Although it is not always easy, delegating some of your tasks between the members of your team will help you to have more time. It does not mean to overload your team members with work that you do not want to do, it only means to redistribute responsibilities.
- Disconnect. Vacations, holidays, days off, and weekends are the times where you can let yourself get away from the office and relax the mind, although it almost seems like an impossible mission. Knowing when to disconnect will help you be more productive when you go back to work, and it will also improve your predisposition within the company and give you more energy during your working hours. Disconnecting when appropriate is also a characteristic of good time management.
- Prioritize, prioritize, and prioritize. It is the abc's of productivity and time management. Decide on the tasks that are really important, what you should do first, and the tasks that are secondary, the ones that you can definitely delegate.? Try to find out (through experience) how much time each task takes and plan accordingly. Manage your time according to the difficulty of the tasks that you have to complete.
As you can see, managing your time efficiently is not an easy task, but it is also not that difficult. If you know how to manage the time at your job correctly, you will be able to enjoy other activities even more, like being with your loved ones or spending time on your hobbies.